Archbishop Borys Gudziak, Metropolitan of the Ukrainian Catholic Archeparchy of Philadelphia and President of the Ukrainian Catholic University, has been appointed a member of the Vatican’s Congregation for the Oriental Churches.
From the Holy See Press Office
His Holiness Pope Francis has appointed the following Members of the Congregation for the Oriental Churches:
- His Eminence Cardinal Gualtiero Bassetti, archbishop of Perugia-Città della Pieve;
- His Eminence Cardinal Carlos Osoro Sierra, archbishop of Madrid;
- His Eminence Cardinal Anders Arborelius, bishop of Stockholm;
- His Eminence Cardinal Luis Francisco Ladaria Ferrer, prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith;
- Archbishop Anthony Colin Fisher of Sydney, Australia;
- Archbishop Georges Bacouni of Beurit and Jbeil of the Greek Melkites;
- Archbishop Borys Gudziak of Philadelphia of the Ukrainians;
- Archbishop Michel Petit of Paris, and
- Bishop Miguel Ángel Ayuso Guixot, president of the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue.